A graduate of Yeshiva University in New York, Hubert Weinberg, M.D. went on to Cornell University Medical College. He completed his Post-Doctoral training as a Resident in General and Plastic Surgery at the Mount Sinai Medical Center and is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Always committed to advances in the field plastic surgery, Dr. Weinberg holds positions both in medicine and education. In this way, he can study and examine the latest advancements in the medical field while simultaneously putting them into practice. He is also on staff as an attending physician at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, and a Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery at The Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
The coupling of education and medical practice has turned Dr. Weinberg into a practicing scientist. Always learning, always improving his craft, and bettering himself through knowledge. In turn, his research and studies are furthered by his accomplishments on the operating table.
Practical efforts and extensive studies have made Dr. Weinberg one of the premier plastic surgeons in the world. As such, Dr. Weinberg has been named the principle investigator in an Institution Review Board approved study. Sponsored by the Children’s Tumor Foundation, this study utilizes neurofibroma tissue from multiple patients to create a biobank for future research in neurofibromatosis.
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS
- New York County Medical Society
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- Barsky Society of Plastic Surgery
- New York Academy of Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- New York Surgical Society
- American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery
- American Society of Peripheral Nerve
- Plastic Surgery Research Council
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons
- Levine SM, Levine E, Taub PJ, Weinberg H: Electrosurgical excision technique for the treatment of multiple cutaneous lesions in neurofibromatosis type I. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2007 May 23
- Taub, PJ., Silver, L., Weinberg, H.: Plastic surgical perspectives on vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) as gene therapy for angiogenesis. Plast Reconstr Surg 105:1034, 2000
- Weinberg, H. Chun, JK., Silver, L.: Current Practice and Future Trends in Craniomaxillofacial Reconstructive and Corrective Microvascular Bone Surgery. In: Greenberg A and Prein, J, editors. Craniomaxillofacial Reconstructive and Corrective Bone Surgery: Principles of Internal Fixation Using AO/ASIF Techniques. New York: Springer-Verlag, 2000
- Li, QF., Reis, ED., Zhang, WX., Silver, L., Fallon, JY., Weinberg, H.: Accelerated flap prefabrication with vascular endothelial growth factor. Journ Reconstr Microsurgery 16:45,2000
- Li, QF., Zhang, WX., Reis, ED., Taub PJ., Weinberg, H.: Human recombinant vascular growth endothelial factor (VEGF) accelerates maturation of rat tail artery prefabricated flap. Surgical Forum 50:586, 1999
- Taub, PJ., Marmur, JD., Zhang, WX., Senderoff, D., Nhat, PD., Phelps,R., Urken, ML., Silver, L., Weinberg, H.: Locally administered vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) cDNA increases survival of ischemic experimental skin flaps. Plast Reconstr Surg 102:2033, 1998
- Reis, ED. Roque, M., Zhang, WX., Fallon, JT., Weinberg, H., Badimon, JJ., Taubman, MB.: Neointimal hyperplasia after femoral artery transluminal injury in C57BL/6 and FVB mice. Surgical Forum 49:303, 1998
- Taub, PJ., Marmur, JD., Zhang, WX., Senderoff, D., Urken, ML., Silver, L., Weinberg, H.: Effect of time on the viability of ischemic skin flaps treated with vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) cDNA. Journ Reconstr Microsurgery 14:387, 1998
- Vickery, CV., Urken, M., Weinberg, H., Buchbinder, D., Biller, HF.: Advancements in head and neck reconstruction; microvascular free tissue transfer – Part 1 Surgical Rounds 21: 27, 1998 Part 2 Surgical Rounds 21: 90, 1998
- Rahimizadeh, A., Shelton, R., Weinberg, H., Sadick, N.: The development of a Marjolin’s cancer in a Human Imunodeficiency Virus-positive hemophilic man and review of the literature. Dermatol Surg 23: 560, 1997
- Hirigoyen, MB., Blackwell, K., Zhang, WX., Silver, L., Weinberg, H., Urken, ML.: Continuous tissue oxygen tension measurement as a monitor of free flap viability. Plast Reconstr Surg 99: 763, 1997
- Choi, ML., Hirigoyen, MB., Zhang, WX., Weinberg, H., Silver, L., Chun, JK.: Increased patency of artificial microvascular grafts using arteriovenous fistual loops: A two-stage procedure for lengthening the pedicle of free-tissue transfer. Journ Reconstr Microsurgery 12: 283, 1996
- Hirigoyen, MB., Zhang, WX., Weinberg, H., Buchbinder, D.: Periadventitial delivery of heparin in the prevention of microvenous thrombosis. Jrnl Oral Maxillofacial Surg 54: 1097, 1996